Fatigue Management for the Aviation Workforce – Awareness Program
Course DetailsThis awareness level course is designed to provide you with a solid working knowledge of the relationship between sleep and circadian rhythms and your fatigue and alertness. It will also introduce you to a number of fatigue prevention strategies and countermeasures that can be used to keep you from becoming fatigued and to fight off fatigue you may encounter. This course is divided into eight modules. A quiz must be passed at the end of each module before you will be able to proceed to the next module.This course will require about 8 hours of your time to review the content and answer the quiz questions.
A special thanks to Canadian Helicopters Ltd. for making this course possible.
Certification8 Professional Development Credits (PDC) may be earned from taking this course. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion when you successfully finish the course.
Technical RequirementsTo be able to play the videos in this course, a minimum download speed of 1 Mbps is recommended. If your internet provider cannot deliver this speed, you might find it frustrating to wait for the videos to play.
Tuition$475.00 CAD + Tax = $536.75Please inquire about group discounts.
This course will introduce you to the:
- 4 Stages of sleep
- Normal sleep patterns
- Circadian rhythms
- 6 Fatigue risk factors
- Fatigue prevention strategies
- Fatigue countermeasures
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand your own sleep patterns
- Link your alertness and fatigue levels to your sleep and circadian rhythms
- Reduce the likelihood of fatigue using the right prevention strategies
- Manage your own fatigue during safety critical times with practical fatigue countermeasures
- Provide feedback for your FRMS about the presence of any of the 6 fatigue risk factors